Saturday 21 April 2007

Our Parents art in Zurich

After another mammoth bus journey I found myself, for the first time, in Switzerland. We have reahed the stage in a tour where people often have to ask "hang on... what country are we in" and I start getting strange looks for talking German in an Italian shop ect.

I was distinctinctly looking forward to arriving in Zurich as it was planned that kid sister would be visiting. The meeting happened without incident until kid sister said to me "I am really sorry" and I saw our parents grinning at me from across the hotel foyer. This was a pleasant surprise indeed, but not the first time the parents have snuck up on me on a tour. In 2005 they appeared in Berlin at the end of a 10 hour train journey and gave me the a little shock.



Our Parents buying me dinner:




Kid Sis and Brand New Classical Buff:

Kid sis was accompanied by a friend from college and it would turn out to be her first classical concert, I hope a rather good introduction to the genre? We went for a nice italian meal near their hotel in the old town before I had to run and change for the show. They then (eventually) worked out how the tram worked and joined me briefly in my hotel for a drink before saying goodbye. A unexpected and fleeting visit, but one that gave me much joy, I thank all four of you for visiting, and I hope you enjoyed your time, even though I was probably phased out from too much travelling.


After one night in a brand new (2 weeks old) and really pleasant hotel we left for Italy again, and less than 24 hours after crossing the border we said goodbye to Switzerland.

3 comments:

the other cold one said...

Wow, sounds like you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Good to know that seeing us grinning across the foyer wasn't too much of a shock. We thoroughly enjoyed seeing and hearing you and we enjoyed making it a surprise. Of course we won't always be able to do that, but it is fun when possible!

Love the photos.

Anonymous said...

and dont worry the brand new classical buff, otherwise known as the little one really enjoyed her firstt classical experience...unfortunately nothing will ever compare to that again...